Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 3

Today, I got up at 9 this morning thinking that we had to meet, but no. So I went back to sleep and woke back up at 2:00 pm. I know, a big leap, but i was still tired. So i went to go eat this cereal that i picked up from the supermarcato, but come to find out it is fermented milk. Geez, I couldn't just find regular milk. So i ate dry cereal.
Nicki and I went for a walk to familiarize ourselves with the area. We tried going to the supermarket, but it was closed during their lunch break. We also found ourselves in the art supply store and down Viale Trastevere to the bridge and beyond. That when we went to the Pantheon..ooo... I know, you got shivers.



So, this is the Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere, right outside the building we live in. Oh, and I forgot to take a picture of the outside of the building that we live in, so i will do that soon.


This is the Fiume Tevere- the river. I learned from richard that when it reains alot, the river raises alot. so the wall helps alot. it is a really nice view


This is the island that is down the river a little bit. A hospital is there, it looks really nice and such. Good to know that there is one close by.



After walking for a while, we arrive at the Pantheon on the villa do Rotunda. I hope I said that right. it is something like that. This is an image of the front.


This statue is kinda creepy it is own way. It is part of the fountain right outside of it.


A view of the inside


The temple inside


The Opus - the top inside




This is



See ya for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment